For Today.... Nov 23rd 2009

Outside my window... Grayish Nov day, trees reaching their bare arms towards heaven like dancers in a play - some still wear gowns of brown, green or yellow but soon they'll be dressed all in gray or black too.

I am thankful for... the freedom to home school, my children, quiet

I am wearing... Jeans, hubby's 299th BSB t shirt (navy), blue snowflake socks and a turquoise bandanna

I am remembering... almost 20 years ago I was getting ready to have dd#1 and anxiously awaiting hubby's arrival from AIT; all our soldiers overseas and their families - OIF, OEF, Korea, etc....

I am going... to the library in a bit with ds #2 for school stuff

I am reading... Just Breathe, From Jerusalem to Iran Jaya, The Scarlet Letter,

On my mind... dd #1's car fender bender, Thanksgiving Plans, God's provision

From the learning rooms... Starting our Adventures in Knighthood unit and lapbook; dd #2 just told me she used her knowledge from America Rocks and Dr Quinn to answer a college test question! Gotta love homeschooling resources.... ;)

Noticing that... it's a bit chilly in the house and the sun is peeking out!

Pondering these words... see my post a couple down by A W Pink

From the kitchen... scrambled eggs, chorizo, fresh guacamole and tortillas for lunch; bean soup, corn muffins and salad for dinner

Around the house... our Christmas "tree"/bush was delivered today. We live on "Christmas Tree Lane" in Abilene -- two of the main streets in town get small trees from the city to decorate and light from now until Dec 31st

One of my favorite things... campfires and smores!

From my picture journal...

Sara in the Grand Tetons 2007 absoloutly breathtaking!





0 comments: