Day 1: Grace

In trying to think of what I'd like to write on for this 31 day challenge I kept coming up with things others were already doing, yes I know we can copy but still.... I couldn't settle on one thing. So as I said before, I decided to do Grace in all it's forms ..... since everything I thought of is only held together by God's Grace I think it works... right?
     So what is Grace? What do you think of when someone says that? (please tell me in the comments)  ....Here's a few definitions: 
  • Dictionary.Com (Interesting isn't it? The difference between the two... but that's another post! :))

The Greek Lexicon says this: Grace(Charis)

  1. grace
    1. that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
  2. good will, loving-kindness, favour
    1. of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues
  3. what is due to grace
    1. the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
    2. the token or proof of grace, benefit
      1. a gift of grace
      2. benefit, bounty
  4. thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward

So grace then could be said to be that which takes our breath and causes this heart swell of beauty, the longing for true beauty only found in the one who created it. But also the gift we so do not deserve ....

I chose the gorgeous tree above (from here) because it's October and all our trees are starting to change here, and I thought it was perfect for talking about how God's grace changes us into something beautiful even in our ordinariness and also how His grace like the leaves showers and falls down upon us leaving us "littered" in gorgeousness ......  that we become more beautiful as we are willing to die to ourselves and live for Him.

I am certainly not the poet nor the photographer that Ann Voskamp is but her book got me thinking along these lines and I hope to flesh it out more in the days to come .... to really think about what does it mean to live in Grace or gracefully, perhaps Grace-Full? What does it look like and to notice the gifts of Grace in my daily life. I apologize if this post is disjointed or rambly, I am tired from long nights yet thankful even for that Grace that my son and my daughter's beau were able to go see the movie Courageous and both said it was life changing! Thankful that A could be here to take R whilst hubby is away ..... I hope you will join me for this month! :)

(ps I will also be trying to revamp my blog along the way !)


0 comments: