Living, Breathing, Grace .... {Day 30}

Reintergration is not always easy or fun. It's hard when people say you must be so excited hubby is home ... well yes and no ... issues you had before do not just magically disappear because they are gone for a year, they only get set aside. Not always easy to make room in the daily routines for Him .... he hasn't even been home that long but old disappointments that I don't see changing have already reared their ugly heads. ....

Pain is said to be the gift that no one wants .....

After a hard morning I was sitting in church and just said  " God I just want to see evidence of your Grace in MY life today "... and a still small voice replied..

 " Just look at the young man sitting next to you ......."  oh ... deep breath ... yes Lord, our daughter's beau who is visiting was next to me this morning. He is indeed a gift from God for her and for our family. A young man who follows hard after God, seeks God's best for our girl, honors her and adores her! He is already fast becoming part of our family ....

and then today there were baby dedications -- such sweet little things and none of them cried! (our eldest son screamed his head off) ... and I looked in front of me and down the row and there again was evidence of grace .... all of my children, the aforementioned beau and a college roomie worshiping together and what's more each in their own way seeking fervently after God and His ways.

It was a small breath of hope in my day .... and a reminder that even when I don't see God working He has not forgotten, forsaken or ignored me. To continue to beleive that God will work it out for our good ..... even when I wish He would do it NOW, to continue to trust ...


0 comments: