A New Year......

So as we are on the cusp of this new year I just wanted to share a few thoughts - will be more later as well.

I'm not quite sure what the Lord is wanting to do in our family but I know it's something big! I have started a series called LIFE (Living in Freedom Everyday) with a friend who's been through it before. It was written by a dear sister in Christ who is an amazing woman of God. I am looking forward to getting rid of a bunch of junk spiritually even though I know it isn't necessarily going to be "fun" but rather a lot of work. BUT I am excited to see what happens and to KNOW Him more which has been the cry of my heart for awhile now (Philip chapter 3).

Our finances are a mess at present and honestly I'm not even sure where we will get money for bills this payday or groceries but one of our Chaplains at Fort Irwin always said "when you're down to nothing, God is up to something" so I know that eventually good will come of this as well. Doesn't make me feel great at the moment or peaceful in the sense of not worrying about creditors, our house, etc but I know that God is good and it will all come right in the end.

Living in Abilene is not without it's challenges -- while it is a wonderful small town -- it's hard being the new kid on the block again and while I don't feel very cosmopolitan compared to my peers apparently I have lived enough in and around this old world to in fact be so! There is something to be said of having a wider viewpoint of the world than just KS. I am used to questioning things that are being done so that I understand should I ever have to do that thing or reference it again, apparently questioning/thinking for oneself has become passe even in small town USA as I get treated rudely very quickly even when I am not being rude. (ex: when we went to register the car they wanted a copy of hubby's LES(paycheck) when I asked why the lady on the phone transferred me to someone else! uh HELLO?! we've had id theft issues in the past already and even without that it's rather stupid to just hand someone a copy of a document with that much info on it. So I made a copy and blacked out everything except the info they needed and then they didn't even keep it!! Very Frustrating after three phone calls and different info every time!.) OR God forbid - suggest things might be done a different way - say consolidating offices for the DMV so that no one has to run around to 4 different offices, but I suppose that that would eliminate some jobs or some such thing!(I know I need to do better in the way I phrase things but I am just being honest -- was told "WELL you're not in CA now" as if I was somehow maligning KS by even bringing it up! REALLY??? I had NO idea I wasn't in CA! When did that happen?!) I am HOWEVER from a small town (1200) and this attitude of reticence and judgementalness is not a necessity.

I needs must still find some sort of job where I can be home most of the time and yet contribute to our finances significantly.

Yearly goals later......

0 comments: