Refresh....

Today's the last day for the blog carnival at Wives of Faith ... and the topic for today is "How does your faith refresh at Christmastime?"....
   Honestly this has been a hard one for me today, it's been one of those days where I just feel overwhelmed, lonely and wondering if anything I do matters or makes a difference to anyone, where I couldn't stop crying half the day! You have those too? (I hope)
  Webster's 1828 dictionary defines refresh as:  To give new strength to; to invigorate; to relieve after fatigue; as, to refresh the body. A man or a beast is refreshed by food and rest; To revive what is drooping; as, rain refreshes the plants.
 I'm not really sure how Christmas refreshes my faith I suppose but one thing I particularly find meaning in that brings quiet and comfort to my heart is the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service - because the whole thing is dedicated to the real meaning of Christmas, the quietness of the service and the lighting of candles and passing of the flame from one to another , the way the light can grow from one simple candle to light up a room just truly refreshes me, in the time of contemplating the fact that Christ came knowing He was headed to the cross.... (see my post on what Christmas means to me) that He could love me that much ...
   Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth! ...Psalm 46:10




0 comments: